The purpose of the Academy is to lead and advance the integrity, value and understanding of the practice of professional engineering, as it applies to the inspection, investigation and consultation involving buildings and homes.
NABIE 2023 CONFERENCE
Barcelona, Spain, February 9-11, 2023
The National Academy of Building Inspection Engineers is thrilled to announce our 2023 Annual Conference to be held in Barcelona, Spain, February 9-11, 2023 at the Ohla Eixample Hotel. NABIE, the leader in education for building inspection engineers is partnering with exemplary organizations including the Institute of Catalan Architecture, 2bMFG Architects and ARUP to bring you a blockbuster educational program in a world class city known for extraordinary architecture. Please visit our event website at https://edventivesgroup.swoogo.com/NABIE2023BCN for more information regarding the event. Additionally, we have posted the recording of our Zoom virtual travel session here.
Statement of Purpose
The National Academy of Building Inspection Engineers (NABIE) was established in 1989 to serve the public by advancing the art and skill of engineers who offer their services as expert inspectors, investigators and consultants pertaining to the structural and mechanical components of buildings and homes of all types. The purpose of the Academy is to lead and advance the integrity, value and understanding of the practice of professional engineering, as it applies to the inspection, investigation and consultation involving buildings and homes, for the benefit of the users of its members’ services including the general public, attorneys, realtors, mortgage brokers and other lenders, and other clients, to better serve the needs of real estate purchasers, owners and investors.
Objectives of NABIE
- To serve the public by advancing the skill and art of engineering analysis, investigation, consultation and expert testimony in Building Inspections and Evaluation based on engineering knowledge or judgment.
- To establish criteria for and further the education of Building Inspection Engineers through formal studies, seminars and publication of literature on the subject.
- To engage in research and the publication of papers, books and articles on the art and science of building inspection engineering.
- To elevate standards and the ethical concepts governing the practice of building inspection engineering.
- To cooperate with and assist other legitimate professions and organizations engaged in building inspection and building system related activities.