Among the benefits and services that NABIE offers its members are:
Benefits of Membership
NABIE Benefits of Membership
- We are a network of colleagues, professional engineers and architects with common purposes, and a willingness to share and support one another in building inspection engineering.
- One of the ways we do this is at our popular annual meeting, which includes technical seminars that offer continuing education credits.
- We are the “sponsoring organization” of a building inspection engineering certification program that is now administered by BIECI.
- Informally, we call it “the NSPE Connection”. NABIE is a chartered member of the National Society of Professional Engineers. We are one of two engineering organizations that rely on NSPE for legal and support services.
- NABIE published the “Standards of Practice“, standards that are the highest in the industry.
- Our website is highly visible to the public. It explains why an engineer should be consulted over others who do inspections.
- We take positions and advocate for building inspection engineers in state legislatures, engineering boards and home inspector licensure boards.
- NABIE is often consulted by journalists, writers and publicists who focus on information dissemination about building inspection including Consumer Reports and the Wall Street Journal.
- The conference provides members with tremendous internal education as members share what they have learned in conducting inspections and how it can benefit other members.
- The skills of the membership cover a broad scope of engineering disciplines. Often a member can rely on another to bring a skill set to an investigation or project outside of his or her expertise for the benefit of the client.
- For small professional offices, a large highly qualified peer group can provide support, guidance and a second opinion.